The White Papers
Our team of highly recognized, award-winning, and industry leading experts have developed a series of white papers on healthcare IT. These papers are designed to inform, challenge, and promote change in the healthcare industry.
White Papers Series #1: Why Companies Fail At Healthcare IT.
Our first series of white papers are focused on the specific challenges companies face when they attempt to enter the healthcare industry. Download the introduction here: Introduction NWHA White Paper Series – The Challenges Facing Healthcare IT Companies
- White Paper #1 looks at how healthcare, as a “services-based” business, differs in important ways from a “product-based” business which is the standard in most business models. White Paper 1 – Health Care Services: Difficult to Define, Difficult to Measure
- White Paper #2 examines the unique role physicians play in our industry (which doesn’t seem to be replicated in other large industries) who are probably the most highly educated (and often most highly compensated) front line workers in any industry. White Paper 2 – The Unique Role of the Physician in the Heatlh Care Industry
- White Paper #3 looks at the challenges of working with patients who often don’t understand their own health challenges. White Paper 3 – Patients are Challenging Consumers
- White Paper #4 reviews the challenges of actually measuring the ROI and the quality of the services provided in the healthcare industry. White Paper 4 – Measuring Returns from Health Care IT Investments
- White Paper #5 looks at the increasing complexity in the field of medicine more generally (especially with the onset of genomic medicine). White Paper 5 – Complexity in Health Care Challenges from the Field of Medicine
- White Paper #6 looks at the special challenges presented by privacy and security mandates of the federal government that apply specifically to the health care industry. White Paper 6 – Privacy and Security